Areas of Work and Initiatives
The sector is concerned with computational linguistics, applying modern technologies to Arabic language, and building applications, tools and programs that guarantee the preservation of Arabic considering the technical expansion of other languages, and to utilize the technology in the service of Arabic language.
Areas of Work
The Computational Linguistics sector is concerned with creating linguistic resources and related computer applications that aim at automated processing of the Arabic language in understanding and production; to compete with other languages in this field.
The sector has various programs, most notably:
- Contemporary Arabic Language Corpus
- Artificial Intelligence Center for Arabic Language Processing
- King Salman Academy Hackathon in Arabic Language Processing
- Enhancing Arabic linguistic data sources
- Accelerating the pace of scientific research in Arabic language computing
- Employing artificial intelligence solutions in Arabic language applications